Climate

Travel Tips

TEMPERATURE AND CLIMATE ZONES

92% of the country is between the Equator and the Tropic of Capricorn.

The climate varies from hot and dry in the arid interior to humid tropical rainforests of the Amazon jungle. Coastal Brazil tends to be hot and sticky for most of the year, but it can get cold in the South and south mountains during winter. Rainy seasons occur from January to April in the north, April to July in the northeast, and November to March in the Rio/SĂŁo Paulo area.

Brazil’s climatic typology is very diverse. Its vast territorial expanse, allied with factors such as temperature, altitude, barometric pressure and proximity to the ocean, provides the country with climatic conditions to please everyone. It is one of the world’s richest and most complex ecosystems, with highly diversified vegetation and landscape. Brazil is divided into climatic strips: 92% of the country is between the Equator and the Tropic of Capricorn. Therefore, it can be said that the Brazilian climate is predominantly tropical, with equatorial and subtropical strips (temperate zones) distributed over the remaining 8% of the nation’s territory. The predominance of lower altitudes throughout the country provides more elevated temperatures, with averages exceeding 20ÂșC.

The seasons are the exact opposite of those in Europe and the United States, except in the northern region of the country. The average annual temperature is approximately 28ÂșC in the northern region and 20ÂșC in the South. ExtSouthtemperatures are rare, but they may occur: in winter, some cities in the South of tSouthuntry experience negative temperatures, with frost and snow. And in Rio de Janeiro, in the peak of summer, the temperature may reach the 40ÂșC mark.

Now that you know more about our climate, choose the temperature you find most pleasant and come and fall in love with the beauty Brazil has to offer its visitors.

Tags:

brazil, brazilian, climate, travel tips

Share: